Major changes continue to occur in Geriatric Care in the Region. There
are increasing external and internal pressures to improve the quality
of patient care, providing better services for the elderly, and to
emphasize health policies and regulation that protect the elderly
in the region. Hence the conference on "The Challenges in Geriatric
Care" will involve public organizations and NGOs cooperating
to share information, skill and experience in a gradually increasing
manner, and taking the lead in great social developments with the
resulting synergy, reveals itself as a phenomenon worth appreciation.
Moreover, the developments gain speed with the financing provided
by the business world, which is aware and conscientious of its social
The Purpose of the Symposium
- Contributing in efforts to bring the
Alzheimer's disease to the attention of the
- Developing a national geriatrics policy,
- Developing the concepts of geriatric care and services,
- Contributing to social awareness,
- Analyzing in cultural terms the phenomenon of aging,
- Establishing and monitoring demographic developments,
- Ensuring exchange of information and experience,
- Training institutions and specialized personnel trainings.
The Symposium will follow two parallel tracks
1. A seminar for all health professionals on Alzheimer's.
2. A seminar for the public with spontaneous translation.